bidRhino is committed to protecting your personal information, in accordance with the Privacy Commissioner's "National Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information" (available at: http://www.privacy.gov.au).
As part of the normal operation of this service we collect, model, use and, in some cases, disclose information about you to third parties.
Our Terms and Conditions and other rules, guidelines and policies of bidRhino, stipulated from time to time, will also apply.
1. Personal information collected by bidRhino
bidRhino’s online registration form requires users, members and all other partners, employees, contractors, and other people we do business with, to provide:
- their contact details and billing information (such as name, password/login, address, e-mail address, delivery and billing address);
- credit card details and expiry date;
- demographic information such as gender and date of birth; and
- miscellaneous information such as how you heard about us, whether your purchase is for personal or business use and where you are connected to the web.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient and safer experience and service. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for the provision of our services.
We track certain information about you based on your behaviour on our website. We use this information for internal reporting and analysis on our users to better understand and serve you.
We may also use this information to administer and improve the performance of this website and to provide de-identified generic data to partners and people who have listed their property on this website
When you visit and browse this website or use bidRhino’ services, the bidRhino website host will collect your personal information for statistical, marketing, reporting and maintenance purposes. This information will not be used to identify you and may include :
- the number of users visiting this website or a property listing;
- the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of your visit;
- your location;
- the path taken through this website. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Site or not);
- what browser you are using; and
- your IP address.
We also collect the Property information you post, including the uploaded files and documents, lawyer details and any related information that you create or post on the online forums during the listing and marketing process
We also collect other users' comments about you in our feedback area.
For some services, we collect some additional necessary information, including billing address, credit card number and credit card expiration date and other necessary information to complete the transactions necessary, and to also validate your details and identity
Any financial information (including credit card details) provided by you via the website is protected by 128 bit SSL encryption technology
"Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive, data collection devices for a website, for the purpose of storing information about a user's identity, browser type or web site visits.
If you access this website, a cookie may be downloaded onto your computer when you log onto this website. We also offer features that are only available through the use of a "cookie". Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on our web site, and note that some cookies are only "session cookies," which means they are deleted at the end of a session.
Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. bidRhino may use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing this website.
2. How bidRhino uses the Personal Information it collects
bidRhino uses the Personal Information it collects about you to:
- verify your identity;
- provide you with products or services you have requested;
- personalise your experience for this website;
- help bidRhino research its users and to market its products and services;
- communicate with you;
- exchanging information (which you consent to) with partners to enable any of the transactions or other business we manage, create and/or market to occur;
- sending you information and updates in relation to the site and service;
- sending you information regarding the services offered by our partners;
- provide summary statistical data to advertisers and partners, to assist them provide the most relevant products web site users; and
- provide statistical data about bidRhino customers to advertisers and partners to sell advertising space on the website.
NOTE : bidRhino will never disclose to advertisers your certain information, such as your name, email address, password, credit card number, and bank account number.
On our web site, you are identified by your User ID. If you use your email address as your User ID you are disclosing your email address to other users and third parties. We recommend you do not use your email address as your User ID.
Unless you inform us otherwise, we may also use your personal information to provide you with special promotions, newsletters and other marketing material.
You may make changes to your notifications at any time.
3. Legal requests
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information if we determine that for issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
You authorise us to disclose any your personal information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe to be necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of theft, identity fraud or theft, fraud, intellectual property infringements, piracy or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
4. Your use of other users' information
bidRhino’s Services may allow you access other users' information for the purpose of the property transaction.
Users may have access to other user’s User ID, email addresses and other contact information.
You agree that you must not provide unsolicited commercial messages or spam or use the information to harass, offend or in any way another user.
You must not disclose personal information about another user to any third party without our consent and the consent of that user.
5.How You can access your Personal Information
Following your registration, you can review and change your personal information by logging in to your user profile
You must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date at all times.
Information posted on bidRhino’s forums may not be changed or removed without bidRhino’s consent.
Upon your request, we will deactivate your account, contact information, and financial information from our active databases.
However, such information may never be fully removed from our systems due to technical constraints such as our system and data backups but bidRhino will use its endeavours to remove the information from public viewing and use by other members.
We are not required to provide access where denying access is required or authorised by law or providing access would be unlawful.
6. Control of your password
You are responsible for all actions of your User ID and password, including fees.
You must not disclose your user ID or password to any third parties.
If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it
7. Use of communication tools
bidRhino takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is stored in a secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, modification, theft, misuse, alteration or disclosure. Your Information is stored on our servers located in the United States, our site uses technology to maximise the security of your personal information.
We use industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers), but please note, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.